Ocean Zones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Midnight Zone

2 posters

Go down

The Midnight Zone Empty The Midnight Zone

Post  Ashley Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:34 am

The Midnight Zone

The Midnight Zone is called the Midnight Zone for a reason. There is no light whatsoever in the Midnight Zone, but animals with bioluminescence are present. You may not think there is much life in the Midnight Zone, but there is, and quite strange life at that. Now, certainly there aren't as many creatures here as farther up towards the surface where there is less pressure, but there is still somewhat plentiful life. The Midnight Zone is the zone extending from 3,000 down to 15,000 feet down. The temperatures in the Midnight Zone range from 43 to 32 degrees Farenheit. To see some creatures that live in the Midnight Zone, see the topic "Creatures of the Deep". The pressure in the Midnight Zone is very high and as much as two tons per square inch!

The Midnight Zone Hairy-anglerfish-lge
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

The Midnight Zone Empty -_-

Post  HELLOMOMMY Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:52 pm

You're talking about the Twilight zone, not the Midnight zone. Rolling Eyes

HELLOMOMMY

Back to top Go down

The Midnight Zone Empty It's been ages . . .

Post  Ashley Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:02 am

Honestly, I haven't been on this website for years given that its only purpose was for a science project, but nonetheless . . .

I didn't know that it was called the twilight zone; I mean, you'd think twilight = some light and midnight = no light. Anyway, thanks.
Ashley
Ashley

Back to top Go down

The Midnight Zone Empty Re: The Midnight Zone

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down